SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Feeling frustrated DH is stressing me out

girlsingardens
15 years ago

We have been married for 9 years and have 3 kids under the age of 5 and one more coming in November. I stay at home with the kids and love being able to do so. My problem is DH doesn't understand what being pregnant can do to you, examples: I am so tired I have to have a nap in the afternoon when the kids are asleep or I will fall asleep as soon as supper is over, that I am not stupid or incompetant, just that so many things are on my mind and being pregnant doesn't help me remember to do things. I have just about had it. Keep in mind DH is going through some serious health issues right now, (diagnosed with diabetes, gallstones, hernia and infected bowels) most have been dealt with and the diabetes will be ongoing. DH is the kind not to talk about what is bothering him and I know that the stress and worry about his health is getting to him. This time of year I start planning and canning and freezing for winter food to save money and because it is so much healthier, I also will be making baby food for the baby to come. DH thinks that it is a hobby and there are better things to do. He does work full time as a teacher and the last two summers he has worked at school almost full time without a break. I am just tired of hearing how it is his money, I am not doing anything at home, how I need to get a job and complaints about just about anything and everything.

This has been going on for some time, and I will be the first to admit that I am not the best housekeeper like his mom is and my idea of clean is a world away from his. I am taking zoloft for depression and pain meds daily because of the fact that with the last baby my ligaments and muscles were so stretched and stressed that I had contractions for 8 weeks before baby came, let alone that our youngest was 5 months old when I got pregnant again( I had my tubes tied when baby number 3 came so this was such a surprise)

I am just fed up with him right now. I know he is stressed about so much going on right now work and healthwise but I can't get him to open up. Also he is taking 12 pills a day and he is the kind to not even want to take a tylenol normally. That and testing his blood sugar 4 times a day and worrying about what to eat and keeping his levels down. I don't know if the meds are making it worse but his tolerance level is very low for dealing with me and just about everyone. Every night after supper he goes down to his office to "work" or play video games and leaves everything up to me. What I wouldn't give for some time alone, I can't even take a bath without someone else jumping in. Let alone our sex life stinks, I am ready all the time but he isn't in the mood, and when he is I do all the work and let me tell you afterwards I feel like it wasn't worth it, it is not satisfying at all.

Just feeling frustrated and hormonal with everything going on, I can cry at the drop of the hat and not being appreciated is getting to me.

Stacie

girlsingardens

Comments (10)

Sponsored