SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akadenise

Has anyone ever survived a long distance marriage?

akaDenise
21 years ago

The recession has really hit my DH's profession hard. He was laid off in February and has only had 5 interviews because jobs are scarce in his field. We love our home and the region we live in. We've only lived here for 2 years but we've made some wonderful friends. But, even though DH has lots of experience, has top certifications and great references, he just can't find another job here.

It's very likely that he'll receive a job offer from the company he worked for 2 years ago. The problem is that the position is located 3600 miles away from where we live. DH doesn't want to move. He wants to accept that position, work there until the economy improves and find another job here. We've talked it over and I'm willing to stay and run the house and work here until he can come home.

But, we've been married 22 years and have never been apart for longer than 2 weeks. We've very close and hate that we'll have to sleep apart. If we're lucky, we'll be able to visit once a month, but even that might not be possible.

Any ideas how I can keep this "separation" from hurting my marriage?

Thanks!

Denise

Comments (18)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!