SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicehubby

need help for useless wife

nicehubby
17 years ago

Hi

I am a Indian (Asian) guy. I got married since 5 years by arranged marriage. Then we came to US. Since her first day, she refused to do anything. I had to do her unpacking the bags. I felt thats OK, she is new here. But it just continued since then.

Our house is dirtier than the road. She cooks and thats all she does. Even if we have to make some call to fix something in the house, I need to keep reminding her few times before she actually calls. She reuses utensils without washing for cooking for 1 to 2 days.

Sometimes she is very nice. She even gives me glass of water in my hands. Sometime she is so bad that she fights that I did not took out the lunch bag from my office bag. Sometimes she takes so much care of me, I regret that I ever thought bad about her.

But she does nothing for whole day. She do not take responsibilities at all. I earn and do all the house and yard work.

She do not like me calling my parents or brother/sister. But she want all the time to talk to her parents and sister. I tried to tell these problems to her parents. But they are the most useless and hopeless people. They are not at all concerned about their daughter.

Because of all our fights she was looking for ashrams in India so that she can run away. When I told this to her parents, they did not react. They are the worst people I ever came across in my life. They are basically not ready to listen. They says it's not our daughter's problem. After marriage she is my responsibility. I should accept all her faults. I should ignore all the small things.

She aborted our first child because she wanted to prepare for GRE and do her masters. But since 5 years no progress. Now she is pregnent again after lots of efforts and medications for 2/3 years. So now instead of concentrating on baby/pregnancy she started preparing for GRE again.

I don't care whether I love her or not. All I want is she behaving properly with me or divorce from her. Now because she is pregnent, for everything she scares me that if you do that it will affect my pregnancy.

I have no idea what I should do in this situation. I am really unhappy with my mariage. I am ready to forgive and forget and continue marriage if she takes responsibilities and behave with my parents. She is scared of divorce but I think now she knows that I am very soft guy and won't give divorce easily.

Comments (18)

Sponsored