SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
postum

DH peculiar behavior changes...

postum
17 years ago

Hi -

this is my first time posting to this board. My dh has ADD and it seems to be getting worse - or maybe it is something else altogether. He is 45 and aside from overweight and high blood pressure is in good health.

He keeps forgetting things - he has left pans on the stove to burn at least 10 times in the past month. He is late for everything - he looks at the clock and will say "It's only 3:30, I have plenty of time to pick up dd from school" when the clock is clearly showing 3:50. He has lost all interest in sex. He frequently forgets words or uses them incorrectly (condensation for consequences?). He has lost the ability to spell. He simply acts irrationally at times (getting very upset because dd isn't hungry; showering many times a day; overreacting to traffic - road rage, really.) DD (7) is asking what is the matter with daddy.

He is a musician and this doesn't seem to be effecting his work (as long as I make sure to remind him of gigs and deadlines.) I have to write him notes about everything, and it is becoming an hourly thing to email him from work to remind him of stuff and check in.

He doesn't drink or use drugs, and is not on any medication. He has always been a heavy snorer, and I suspect he has sleep apnea, but our HMO has not followed up on that. Could that cause these problems? Can ADD get worse with age? It is getting scary - I'm really afraid he is going to burn the house down.

He claims that I am imagining things, and won't go to the doctor. I'm also worried because his brother had a heart attack at a young age - can behavior like this be linked to heart disease?

I have researched this, and it seems like it could be anything and everything ("ask your doctor" - he won't!) so I'm hoping that someone with a similar experience will be able to help.

Thank you so much,

Amy

Comments (17)

Sponsored