SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlettuce

Emotionally disconnected..

catlettuce
15 years ago

Anyone ever feel that way?

DH has been gone most of this week working, and while he calls me every am & pm I feel very disconnected from him emotionally. It's nothing I've done intentionally or consciously, it just kind of happened. He, SS29 7 te G-Son are on the way home now.I don't "feel" anything but dread that the house will be noisy & messy etc.

I should be happy to see DH, I'm not unhappy to see him, but mostly I'm afraid he is going to want to have sex & I'm just not feeling sexual towards him AT ALL. I mean the sex is good and all that I'm talking about emotional connectedness, kwim?

Tomorrow we go to his family reunion, which is usally fun, but we seriously don't so much together alone anymore but sleep. I'm not feeling it. I don't know if my self protection mode is on, or finally I have just had it with everything or what?

I feel so disengaged from them all and I don't really feel bad about it. Is that wrong? The only thing I feel bad about is possibly needing knee surgery and having to wait til it's resolved to take the travel assignment.

I still feel love for DH, just not close to him, at all. Have I hit the point of no return, is this how it is?

Comments (72)

Sponsored