SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbaron_gw

Side effects are affecting me, I think...

tbaron
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am newly married and therefore am new to birth control. I have been on it for almost 4 months. At first, I had pretty bad headaches that I associated with the hormones. The headaches have since gone away and haven't bothered me since. Here's my thing though. I think the birth control has robbed me of all sex drive. If I remember correctly, this is also a side effect of birth control.

Before I married my husband, I was so attracted to him. Everything about him made me hungry for him. Just to touch his hand, just to hug him, just to kiss him. (We never had sex while we dated0, both of us were virgins) I just couldn't stay away from him and would eagerly do anything with him that I could without going all out and having any kind of sex. That was a hard resistence, for sure.

We have been married nearly a month now. I am still very attracted to him, but not nearly as much! I mean, in my mind I still think he is the most gorgeous thing in the world. I am absolutely head over heels for him. I am madly in love with him. But as far as sex goes, I really don't like it. It still hurts at first! The pain goes away after just a few seconds and feels nice after that. I mean, I enjoy sex while its happening. But when we are getting into the mood, I could care less!

I want to be in the mood for my dear husband. And I do somewhat. But I think one of my problems is I am afraid of climaxing. I think that might be it, anyway. I am always thinking in my mind, try to feel good, try to feel good, but it never happens. He ends up finishing and feels horrible when I don't get anywhere.

He cares that I enjoy myself. He has tried doing oral, which I thought was neat, but I was just so nervous, I couldn't enjoy it. So we've given up on that for now. He has tried just being loving and gentle and caring to being fun and sexual and driven.

Nothing seems to work. So I gave myself a little talk. I told myself I was expecting too much out of myself, I needed to just relax and enjoy it. I've tried relaxing and nothing concentrating on anything. Doesn't work.

I still think I am just expecting too much out of myself and that is helping to cause my mood swings. But I also wonder if part of it is the hormones in the birth control. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored