SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xminion

VENT - I can't stand it

xminion
9 years ago

I waited a long time to find 'the one." He's a decent and caring man. Chronically broke. We've moved 7 times in 11 years for jobs. It's like being in the military without the benefits.

When I say move, I mean across the country and back. Something always gives away with the new job. He gets downsized. Funding runs out. Or, there's a better offer and off we go...only to find out the grass isn't greener there. He's a PhD is a very specialized field.

All my family is in one area of the country. I've missed seeing new members to the family, weddings, etc. because
we are chronically trying to catch up on bills from the last move, and frankly, I can't afford a visit more than once every 7 years or so.

Now, it's about to happen again. The funding for his current job is about to end and not get renewed and he is looking nationwide for a job. I teach, so one salary does not cut it for the household. I am also turning 60 this year and am worried about my chances of getting a job in a new place at my age

I try to keep positive, and try to keep my husband in a positive frame of mind also. My sister wants us to join her and her grandchildren (which I still have never met) in Disney World this Fall. Fat chance.

Any comments welcome. I am at my wit's end. Thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored