SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graylo_gw

Engaged but having problems

graylo
14 years ago

My finance and I have been together for 3 1/2 years, I have kids who live with me and we don't live together. His finances aren't the best, four months ago I lent him some money and asked that he pay me back by the end of June, I finally had to ask him for the money, he said he forgot and wanted another two weeks to pay me back, he then decided to buy himself a set of golf clubs. I got upset that he expected me to wait for my money and yet he buys golf clubs. We talked about moving in together, he expects me to continue to pay the rent I'm paying ($900) and if we move to another place and it's a $150 more a month, he will just pay the $150 for rent. He owes $12 grand in child support and has a terrible credit rating. This is affecting me wanting to move to the next level with him, i.e., getting married and moving in together, his debt will become 50% of mine legally. He works full time, it's not like he's unemployed, yet he won't hesitate to skip a bill to buy himself a new shirt or something and yet he doesn't seem to find anything wrong with this. I'm the opposite, it's important to pay bills on time. He gets angry if I don't answer the phone at home (even if I'm out) he asks where I've been and why I'm not answering the phone. Can this relationship be salvaged? I'm starting to withdraw because his finances scare me and he sometimes gets very controlling if I don't answer the phone when he calls...

Comments (18)

Sponsored