SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadastimer

Did you receive an engament ring, do you still have that one?

nadastimer
21 years ago

I was just wondering if most of you did receive an engament ring and how many of you still have that one or have replaced it?

When I got my ring almost 3 years ago I swore I would never do a thing to change that ring because it meant so much to me. My mother wanted me to have the diamond set in her old setting that my father gave her because my ring was yellow gold and I wore silver all the time. I refused and said that would be so rude to do such a thing! Right now I'm waiting for my ring to be reset and sent back to me! LOL I never wanted to change the ring until my fiance' started thinking that maybe he didn't want to be with me a few months back and at that time I took the ring off. Things got patched up and it really I believe my fiance' was having a mid-life crisis at the age of 25! LOL Anyway, my ring was actually purchased by my future MIL. She knew my fiance' wanted to buy we one and we couldn't afford it so she took him at Christmas time to get it. He picked it out and our son, who was 9 months at the time was with them. My fiance' wanted to pay his mother back and she refused. Well during our problems MIL really ticked both my fiance' and I off and it all made me feel differently about my ring. I guess I need something new for a fresh start or something like that. So it's being reset in my mother's old white gold ring. I believe it will look nicer and probably be worth more this way. The other ring was just a simple, thin band and was in worse shape in 3 years than my mothers was after 10 years of marriage and milking cows! I can't wait to get it back!

So how about the rest of you? Did you keep that special ring or have something done to it? My grandmothers have had their diamonds put into different stones. My SIL has had 3 sets of rings in the 8 years of marriage. Just thought it may be a fun topic to answer and read about.

~Leslie~

Comments (30)

Sponsored