Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cheating spouse! question help

Posted by demola (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 15, 09 at 8:32

I love my lover so much, but I have trouble to make a decision to move forward with him because it's too painfull to see my family falling a part.

I was advised from my lover that, If I can't move forward with him, then move on with someone else, but do not come back to my husband because the violence will be more each day and I will never be happy.

isn't true advise from my lover? Please help, I am so confused, I can't make the decision. thank you so much for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cheating spouse! question help

If you are in a violent marriage i dont see why the decision is hard,get out of it now ,as for your family falling apart ,its not good for them to see violence anyway,you havnt really told us much about your situation so it is hard to give advice

o
RE: cheating spouse! question help

Have I got it right that YOU are the cheating spouse? You have a lover that is telling you to leave your violent husband, correct? And you can't make the decision to leave your violent spouse because your family would fall apart, correct again? How many children do you have and how old are they?

If the above is correct, my suggestion would be that you get away from your violent husband and take your children with you. Get to a shelter, a relative's home, or other safe place. File for divorce. I don't condone your cheating, regardless of the situation at home. You shouldn't be doing that. Wait until you're out of the home, have your act together, and are settled a bit more before you are in another relationship.

If you still can't bring yourself to leave your violent husband (please do), stop seeing your lover. And do what you can to protect yourself and your children.

Suzieque

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here