SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peanutmom_gw

Insensitive Husband update

peanutmom
13 years ago

I posted on the forum some time ago about dh being insensitive to pain that I am experiencing during pregnancy. I was basically told to leave him and d@mn the consequences. For me, this is not an option. I am not one to run out when things get rough. My husband is not perfect and neither am I. I guess I just took things personally.

Dh got a quick lesson in pain due to some kidneys stones. He also got a stern lecture from the doctor about constant nearly uncontrollable pain during pregnancy. I also got some pain relief from physical therapy, massage therapy and the occasional pain killer. This is all doctor approved and monitored. It is nice to know that my marriage isn't over and that life can go on.

I also owe an apology to a few people on this forum. I believe they were giving me advice based on what info I gave and it is not their fault they had an incomplete or slanted picture of the situation. As my doctor has told me, the pain I have is uncontrollable, but I will have to learn to take a step back anyway. My life won't be over when the pregnancy is over, but the pain will ease when it is. So despite what I was advised to do. I am still here and not leaving, but the situation is a lot better. Sometimes life does change, but it takes time to make it happen and sometimes advice from people who know you best.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations