SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
n_cynth

What do you think of this?

n_cynth
16 years ago

I posted a lil while back about the sexless marriage I'm in. I didn't mention something there: When we came to America as newlyweds (with zero passion from my husband's side), I was introduced to all his friends and I liked them. However, this girl gave me a different feeling always - he seemed more attentive to her, though she put me down in subtle ways he said he didn't notice she did that ... other incidents:

When we ran out of groceries he was unwilling to drive down 10 mins to the supermarket (he was tired) and just then when she called, he put me in the car with him and drove 50 minutes to see her - on a weeknight - saying she must be feeling lonely.

He invited her home one weeknight without consulting me, then pretended to ask me if that was OK, then came out clean that he'd already invited her, and even though I hadn't stepped out of the house for 15 days, he wanted to go to pick her up - alone. I told him to wait as I'd just finished making dinner, I'd be ready, we'd go together, and that was the last time he'd be inviting her home.

She would walk into our house and know exactly where things were - I don't mind friends coming over and making mugs of tea for everyone, but somehow this woman seemed more than just that, and that too when she was visiting us the first time after I got married.

As I've mentioned in the other post, he wasn't interested in sex from the start ... neither did he take me out to interesting places in my initial days here (I wasn't working then), though when he called me in India before our marriage, he'd always be out with this woman - at some concert or walking along the beach in the night etc.

He's always maintained that they're just good friends ... but what do you think after reading this? Was I too harsh on him when I told him not to invite the woman home anymore?

Thanks

Cynthia

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling