SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kia13

When is enough, Enough!!!

kia13
14 years ago

I am in need of some advise, I am tried of always settling.

I have been married for the last 10 years (almost 11). For the past 5 years or so - my husband hardly ever comes to bed (unless sex is on his mind). He always sleeps in his Man Cave (on the couch or on the couch in the living room). He works for an automanufactor company (for 7 years) and has always seemed to had worked Second shift jobs, he has been laid off since January. My thing that he spends all his time in his man cave (which is where his computer is). He used to change his schedule to more of a day time schedule when he was off of work but this time he hasn't. He is still up all hours of the night, on the computer playing online games with his friends (all over the US). But the thing is that it is all the time Sunday - Saturday, he never takes a day off. Than he sleeps all day long. Here & there I will ask him to do little things around the house but, I always have to remind him all the time that it needs to be done and he still doesn't do it, So I end up doing it myself (Settling). It just seems as if we are roommates with benefits. I have mentioned to him on more than one occasion that I am tried of being a mother of 2 (we have 1 child,10 year old boy), that I need him to be responsible for other things beside paying his portion of the bills. He always procrastinates on everything but his online games, unless on of his friends (that live around us) needs his help for one thing or another. It is plain that talking about it doesn't so any good. Should I keep settling - it has been almost 6 years and I am getting to the point that enough is Enough. Recently, a friend move in due to hardship and she has been helping with all the things he should be doing, I think he feels that he is off the hook from doing anything. - Any thoughts, as to what I should do??? I feel like it is the never ending battle.

Comments (12)

Sponsored