SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbaron_gw

Pregnancy and birth control?

tbaron
17 years ago

Hello everyone!

I am brand new here, so I would like to tell you a little about myself.

I am 18 years old, 19 in July, and am newly married. I have dated my husband since I was 14. This November we will celebrate 5 years of dating each other. We were just married less than 2 weeks ago. I am loving every moment of the married life. My husband and I did not live together before we got married. We both moved in together from our parents' houses. It was such a change, but a wonderful one.

I absolutely love greeting my husband when he comes home from work and I love seeing him each morning. He is just right there and I don't have to wonder when he is going to call me that day. He's right there!

I know marriage is rough and we are extremely young. (He is 18 as well) But we are doing great. What marriage doesn't have its ups and its downs every now and then?

So anyways, now to my question.

I have been on Ortho Tricyclen for the last 3 months. I just started in when my husband and I set a date for our wedding. I have been doing good with taking the pill so far and haven't had any major side affects. (so far.) Here is the deal.

We have agreed that he would use condoms even though I am on birth control. We are just too young to worry about children, so we decided to be as careful as we possible could be.

There was one night about a week ago (we were still on our honeymoon) when his condom broke. I really doubt there was very much semen because, well, put it straight, he wasn't really putting out very much since we left on our honeymoon... Please tell me that makes sense!

I had a thought yesterday. What if I got pregnant when his condom broke? The pills aren't 100% effective, after all, and any amount of semem, no matter how deluted it was, can result in pregnancy.

I am still taking my pills. I can't take a regular pregnancy test until it is time for my period. If I miss my period, well, chances are I got pregnant. But the fact is, I can't find out until then!

Here is my question.

If my husband got me pregnant that night on our honeymoon and I am still taking my birth conrol pills, what can happen?

Will taking the pills while pregnant affect me or a potential fetus?

Once again, we really are not ready to have a child, so I am hoping beyond hoping that I will get my period next month.

Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you so very much!!!

-Tara-

Comments (8)

Sponsored