SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parhelion1969

Stupid and insecure?

parhelion1969
17 years ago

Hi,

it's been many years since I posted here, but I really need some advice.

I am 37. Three years ago I met a man at work, we really got close from the very beginning. Both of our marriages were heading south way before. So to make this really long story short, we both got divorced and have been living together for about 2 years. He has a teenage daughter and I have 2 boys, 13 and 7. We started our own business together and are doing really well. Life should be great, except.... he has not asked me to marry him. I really feel it is important. I am tired of calling him my boyfriend, either to our children's teachers or to customers. I feel that there is a stigma attached to woman my age with children who are not married, and that it sounds a whole lot cooler for a man in his forty's to have a girlfriend then for me to say that I have a boyfriend. He knows about my issue with that, but keeps saying to just wait, things are going to happen.

Don't you think at our age we should know what we want out of life, and decisions like this can be made a little quicker? I get really frustrated and agitated about this situation, and he is more than happy to argue with me about this, then we sometimes fight for weeks, and of course then he says we can't possibly get married or engaged if we fight like this.

Well, he's right, but I am just not happy no matter what his excuse is, because I want to be married.

Please let me know what you think.

P

Comments (7)

Sponsored