Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guaranteed to bring you & your spouse closer together

Posted by Rotny (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 03 at 16:30

Just thought I'd throw this out there to kinda' lighten things up a bit. My wife and I are both active people but always seem to have very different agendas. We like to spend time together but could never find something to do that we both really liked...until a couple months ago. We started taking ball room dance lessons and, I gotta' tell you, this has been the best time we've had together with our clothes on.
This isn't just the run-'o-the-mill box step Waltz. Oh no! This is Foxtrot, Salsa, Club Swing, Tango...and about a dozen others.
You don't have to know how to dance - you don't even have to be that great at keeping time. They'll teach you all that stuff. And once you learn, you'll finally be able to dance at the wedding reception or the holiday ball. Guys, surprise your wife and earn big points by signing up for an introductory lesson. Ladies, drag your husband to the studio and show him ball room dancing is not some un-masculine atrocity.
Ladies, you'll feel like a princess in your man's arms and guys you'll feel like prince charming while your wife glows as you dance her around the floor.
This takes a committment of time and it'll cost a little bit if you want some really advanced instruction but if you can spare the time and funds it is well worth it!

Rotny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guaranteed to bring you & your spouse closer together

You got it! Actually any kind of dancing - before an illness took me out of the game we did ballroom dancing (neither of us are particularly graceful, but we did a floor-clearing samba at a wedding once - a very fond memory), we also did line dancing. All good fun and good exercise and something we did just for us. My husband signed on as a good sport but ended up having as much or more fun than I did. We took classes at the local adult education center -- very laid-back, inexpensive -- everyone just looking for some fun and surprisingly, we learned a lot!

o
RE: Guaranteed to bring you & your spouse closer together

This is how my husband and I met.
We stopped dancing after we got married.
Unfortunately, he can't dance worth a darn. He can't feel the beat and can't count and can't really follow the steps. We have found other things to do together besides dancing.
But it's a fun thing to do.
Maybe we can go back to it sometime.

Ginger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here