SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzybeelizzy

Husband not affectionate, and no sex in 10 months

Lizzybeelizzy
10 years ago

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen. I have never used a forum before but I am desperate for help and just need someone to connect with. My husband and I have been together for 19 years, since we were teens. The last 5 years he has become very un-affectionate. He does not even look at me in a way that shows there is any interest at all. If he does notice me it is to point out that my bangs are not quite right or to point out what I am not getting done around the house etc... We have not had sex in over 10 months, and before that any time I initiated sex I was turned down (this made me feel very rejected and hurt), it was only on his terms when he was interested. I do not even try now, because it hurts less than being rejected. He does not touch me, and when I try to talk about it with him he just makes comments like "oh this again, and now you are making me feel like a horrible person". I am not trying to make him feel bad but I need to express my needs. (I only bring it up every month or two) He considers me to be non conversational, and that I do not talk to him much, or give much feedback, but he is really judgmental (with everyone) and I just feel like he will find more reasons not to like me. Recently he forgot our 10 year wedding anniversary, which I repeatedly mentioned about months prior. (he of course has no recollection of that). I am not the kind of person to make a big deal of things and I really just let the whole anniversary thing go but it just makes me hurt even more. I am so involved in work and family that I do not have friends to talk this over with. The friends I do have I do not want to mention my situation with, because I do not want them judging him or us. (they are almost too close to our family and business) We have 2 children so divorce is not an option, but I also cannot go on any longer like this. I feel like I am sinking into a deep dark hole, with nowhere to turn. I would love to see a counselor, but his response is "it will be a waste of money, and money causes marital problems too." Any insight would be great into how to handle the situation.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County