SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmhip

Romance? But I have two kids!

emmhip
17 years ago

Here is the situation:

We've been together for eight years and have a 4 year old and a 3 month old. Our marriage has always been great and we've usually been good about making time for sex. The problem is that since recently having our new baby, I am not really "in the mood." At all. My sex drive just isn't there, and it's hard for me to put aside being "mommy" and become "hot mama", if you catch my drift. Not to mention time, sleep deprivation (that comes with having a new baby), and our schedules. The other night we had this very open discussion about sex, basically that we need to have more of it, and soon. It's almost like the longer I wait to do it, the more I get scared (not sure if that is the right word...) about it. I mean he's my husband and we've done it a lot together, but now that we are sort of out of the swing of things, I'm having a hard time getting back into it. We need to reconnect. It's also been hard to get a babysitter, but I think we seriously need to get one and go out together (without the kids) which we have yet to do since our DS came home. Any suggestions on how to get over this? I don't want my DH to get an "itch" to look elsewhere, when he IS still interested in me. How do I get interested in him (and in sex in general)again? Is is time to go to the doctor??? What would they even do? Suggestions?

Comment

Sponsored