Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garek007 thread wiped out......

Posted by asolo (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 11:31

....for the second time. Not the end of the world, but I don't understand why.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garek007 thread wiped out......

because this stuff keeps coming to bite me in the a$$. hard to explain. I appreciate all the advice, but need to jump off this site for good.

o

OK, bye. Hope everything works out for you.

o

As much as I have enjoyed (not a great choice of words, I know, since it involves the breakup of a marriage) hearing his story and participating in his threads, I keep thinking there is more to the story than he's telling us.....the multiple vanishing threads, the need for an almost immediate resolution of every issue that comes up...curious. But I guess we'll never know.

I wish him well though. Just think he needs to slow down a bit, and let life happen.....enjoy the journey a little more...stop obsessing on the end goal....

o

I think he is drunk most of the time

o

Roopy, nothing I'm not telling, but you're right, I do rush. Tracy, that is not the case.

o
more clarity

Bottom line is if you Google me I come up too much. I don't really want these threads coming up. I don't want any new person I might date to jump to conclusions when they find this, but rather, I'd like to have them hear it from me. It's bad enough my actual name shows a wedding registry with someone from my past. It wasn't even real, we did it as a joke, but it shows I'm getting married in June 2013. I dont' want to meet someone, have them Google me, and think I'm running around while married, because that is not the case.

o

Wonders of the web. Once it's out there, it's OUT there.

o

indeed. and who knows who googles who these days. I'd just prefer them to hear it from me rather than jump to any conclusions based on whatever they may or may not find. But thanks to everyone for your help, especially asolo and MK, and amyfiddler

o

...another reason to have a TOTALLY unique name for any anonymous forum or bbs you use.

My GF has no clue i post on here...and I've never mentioned it to her...I think no matter how close you are to your "significant other", you need to have a place to vent, talk about things, etc. where it won't come back to bite you in the a$$ because he/she is "checking up on you". If you use your common email/youtube/or whatever "handle"...all this stuff can be found in one web search.

"Mkroopy" is a name I only use here...and no one in my "real" life would ever think to Google it...so there is actually a little sense of privacy for me.

Watch I probably spoke too soon....one of you is probably someone i actually know...lol!

o

yeah I should set something like that up...

o

Holy Batman Garek!!! You have done reviews ALL OVER THE WEB!!! I have to admit curiosity got the best of me. Your wedding looked beautiful, sorry about the prix-fixe menu on the beach dinner.

Get a new screen name ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here