SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluemom_gw

Very Needy Husband

bluemom
14 years ago

Okay, I've NEVER done this before.

My husband is such a great guy; does the dishes, is funny, I love him so much. He's a great dad, etc. I really support him and I'm always proud of what he does. We've been married less than 10, we have a small child and his children come to visit on occasion, which is a pretty typical situation.

But he's so clingy and always has been. He's gotten better for the most part, but it still looms.

For example, if I spend a week with a girlfriend, he will call twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't really bother me much any more. But I'm thinking it adds to my stress.

If I travel for job or personal he gets really insecure and if we haven't had sex recently (like in the last week or two or three) he thinks I'm having an affair. He says "so you're not seeing anyone?"........this drives me nuts and sometimes I feel like say yes. I've never been with anyone and am not attracted to anyone.

The real gist (sp?) is that he's always all over me. EVERY morning after he showers and is naked and wants me to pay attention to him. He gives me this look like a puppy.

I've been direct. I told him I don't get turned on by tons of attention. I told him I don't want to hurt you but that is not my cup of tea. I feel really bad because he is just that way and wants sex all of the time. I think he would be happy with 2-3 times a week, which I know is normal and he deserves it. But I would be happy 2x month. I'm not sure if it's because he's always coming after me and it's repulsive to me or if I'm just that way that I want it less. I've thought okay maybe if he would just be a little hard to get or something I would be more interested. I've told him that I think maybe he deserves someone better. This makes me so sad to write. He's the greatest guy but I do think he has some passive aggressive issues. Oh geez, it's really hard to describe the intricate details of a marriage, especially because I would like to remain anonymous, but I would love some honest advice. Thanks!

PS: I'm kind of an angsty person and have thought some kind of anti-whatever (stress, depression, overthinking) drug might help. AND sex is mostly good when we have it, sometimes ends up not too good because he wants to go on and on and on, so I eventually am 'that's enough' and he gets all depressed and acts like I don't love him.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals