Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice for anniversary gift, please!!

Posted by DeeMarie5500 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 02 at 7:52

Today is my in-laws' 53rd Anniversary. They will be coming over for cake on Sunday evening (when we also celebrate Father's Day), and my DH and I would like to give them a small gift.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone know where I could find those lists which indicate what you buy for certain anniversaries? (Paper for 1st, cotton for 2nd, etc.?)

Thanks
D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice for anniversary gift, please!!

here's a list

Here is a link that might be useful: anniversary gifts

o
contemporary list

1st: clocks

2nd: china

3rd: crystal; glass

4th: electrical appliances

5th: silverware

6th: wood

7th: desk sets

8th: linens; lace

9th: leather

10th: diamond jewelry

11th: fashion jewelry; accessories

12th: pearls; colored gems

13th: textiles; furs

14th: gold jewelry

15th: watches

16th: silver hollowware

17th: furniture

18th: porcelain

19th: bronze

20th: platinum

25th: sterling silver

30th: diamonds

35th: jade

40th: rubies

45th: sapphires

50th: gold

55th: emeralds

60th: diamonds

o

Thanks so much, Lianne! "What exit" are you from? LOL

o

LOL! I'm in north hunterdon county (up by warren & morris) at least 20 minutes in any direction from ANY exit lolol -- Where are you?

o

LOL! Live in Passaic County; work in Morris!

about 8 miles west of Exit 153 B of the GSP!

LOL!

o

A spa day for them both! Also, a free compliment to that would be kind of unique would be naming a piece of land after her! I keep telling people about this site because I think it may be the coolest find I have discovered in a while ( http://www.ownapieceofamerica.us/ ).

Here is a link that might be useful: Unique Gift Website

o

If you know their friends well, perhaps you could contact them and ask if they have any old photo's or memories or thoughts they would like to share and write down) about the couple, and you could put it in an album for your in-laws to enjoy.

o

I see there are a lot of interesting and fun tours and other "gifts" that you could give them. My only suggestion (as a person who definitely would not appreciate the gift of a spa experience, for example, and would not be thrilled to get a deed for 1 inch of land in the U.S. that someone has bought for me) is that you should make sure that they will really like whatever you get them, since we all have different tastes.

o

I noticed that the OP was on June 12, 2002!!!!! Wonder what she got them.....that has been a few moons ago.

o

I guess the laugh's on all of us who posted in Oct. of last year and even later!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here