SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojo_working

Wife's Job Talk Unbearable!

mojo_working
16 years ago

My wife and I both work. She in Health Ins. Me for a parcel delivery service. I keep my wife informed on open vacation dates, changes in benefits, pension, Insurance, etc. If something very unusual or funny happens at work I will tell a brief story. Otherwise I am done. I don't take work home.

Why?? does my wife want to give me a detailed briefing of her entire day. I could deal with that. But,no. She gives me a run down on professional and personal developments of several coworkers,the team leader, office manager and sometimes the district manager. Then I get to hear about their spouses, kids and pets. She only uses first names. Like I know them, never met a one.

Next it's shop talk time. New cases, who was assisgned what, transfers, promotions,time constraints,new hires etc. There's more believe me. And it's boring to the point of major irritation. She KNOWS I hate "Job Talk". She couldn't care less. I'm her husband she needs support and to just vent. She told me, "You will sit and listen". I laughed she was kidding. NOT.

Tonite, Friday she was informing me of Steve's career options. Long and short term. Stay in Dallas and be next in line for Manager or take a six month overseas assignment. The pro and cons of both. blah,blah blah,blah. Who is Steve? No idea. Why am I sitting here listening to this drivel? Enough.

Is this so bad ladies? I stood up. Signaled time out, and said STOP IT RIGHT NOW. F*** STEVE,and F**** STEVE'S CAREER, and blank and blank. Now excuse me, I'm going to mow the front yard. I was accused of being unsupportive and uncaring. DOH!!

Both 2nd marriage,late 40's. Believe it or not only problem. Love her wonderful gal. Except for the dreaded "JOB TALK". Is it a female thing?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz