SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aruvalcaba_gw

Should I be hurt?

aruvalcaba
16 years ago

Hi,

I just want some adice/opinions. I am married and I am hurt by my husband right now and don't know if I am overreacting. Let me give you a little bit of the story. My husband and I will be traveling to South Beath, Florida. We arrive in Florida this coming Thursday and return back home on Sunday. My husband's company is flying us out there on a trip to reward my husband for being an awesome sales executive. Which is great and I am very proud of my husband for doing so well at work. The company is flying 30 other exceptional employees and their spouses as well. On Thurday nights, Friday nights, and Saturday nights starting at 7:30 they will be having some dinner events going on for us. The reason I am hurt with my husband is because my husband has told me that he's going to play golf 2 days, that is, Thursday and Friday so that leaves me by myself on those 2 days until about 3:00 p.m. then at 6:00p.m. we would start getting ready to head to the dinner events. The thing is we will be in Florida 3 full days and part of 1 day which is the day we leave. My feelings are hurt because in essence I am going to be by myself most of the day for those 2 days. He says we can do something when he gets back from playing golf at 3:00 but that only gives us 3 hours until the dinner event. He also said we will be spending Saturday together. I told him I would be okay with him playing golf 1 day and then he and I can do something for the other to like getting to see some florida sights but he'd rather golf. I am hurt because I will be at the beach alone, shoping alone and whatever else alone. I would like to spend more time with him but he'd rather golf cuz he said it's a treat for him to golf in florida but I told him it would be a treat for us to spend some time together in florida. I mean what is the point of winning a trip with your spouse if you're not going to spend most of the trip with her? He said I am being "greedy" by wanting to spend most of my trip with him then letting him golf. But I think he's being selfish by just thinking of golfing for 2 days and spending 1 with me...oh, plus we'll be at the evening events with his company together too. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Am I overreacting or do I have a reason to be hurt? I don't even feel like going on this trip anymore. I mean what am i going to do all day until 3p.m. when he gets back? Please let me know what you think!!

Comments (19)

Sponsored