SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

A never ending battle for equality ...

toomuchglass
13 years ago

Since I'm a member of Garden Web ... I wanted to post here . After reading all the serious problems that are posted - I feel funny posting my problem. I know every reply will say - you are so lucky - why are you complaining . But Even Good things have their limit. I hope you can see my side of this .

OK .... here goes. My DH & I had families that are so alike ..... So old fashioned. The moms / wives were put on pedestals . My DH has the same old fashioned ideas. I can't open a door for myself , I can't get into the car without him opening the door , I can't walk on the outside of a sidewalk , and so much more piddly crap .

I hate this "proper" treatment. Maybe it was cool in the 50's ... but I want to treated as an equal and a friend.

I hate it to the point I have cried about it . When I tell my DH that I don't like it - he says "well I do" and that's that . Seems like my opinion doesn't count .

Sometimes even "polite" things can be a control issue.

I'm at a loss at what to do or say. I don't think there is an answer. Thanks for letting me vent . I feel better now .

Comments (7)

Sponsored