SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_modernist

Falling for an almost engaged girl... don't know what to do..

the_modernist
14 years ago

hey anyone out there,

so here's the deal.. started a job about a month and a half ago.. first day had an attraction to this girl.. but later found out she had a boyfriend for about a year now. We started to talk here and there and would hang out with other people from work together.. but then just last week we started to get friendlier with each other during work ours and txting and talking outside of work.. it all led to this past monday where we had a good day at work and I invited her out for a drink.. with other co-workers ofcourse.. we hit it off even more and proceeded to drink.. the others left, and it was just her and me.. we ended up going to my dad's house after the bar closed to hang out a bit more.. and we got physical.. really intense and passionate.. ended up going a lot further either of us would have expected.. she said she felt bad she did it because she loves her bf and was probably going to get engaged sometime soon, but she said she didn't regret it.

we proceeded to talk over the next couple days about what happened and was more open with our flirting and whatnot.. but she's holding strong to her current relationship.. which she should... the thing that get's me is.. she on atleast 4 occasions told me if she only met me a year ago, we'd be together. or if i didn't have a boyfriend i would be with you.. she's told me she's definately physically interested in me and shares that same feeling of a growing connection that I have.. she's all I can think of.. not just sexually, but in general.

I know i should just forget about her that way and move on.. but it's proving harder than I thought.. especially since we work together and we get along so perfectly and have that natural flirtatious interaction.

She's 29, planning on getting engaged sometime soon, and I'm 23 having ended a really long relationship about 8 months ago, so there might be some differences in timing in what we want in our lives within the coming years, but I really feel close to her.

I mean ideally I would love to be with her.. but it's looking like friendship is the only option.. i definitely dont want her out of my life.. so that's the only option.. but from prior experience.. it's really really tough

any advice or input into the situation??

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County