SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4mykids_gw

When do you call it quits?

4mykids
12 years ago

I have been married for 15 years. My husband has been a good provider, never abused me or the kids, but....

We have had heated discussions many times about what I expect and need his help with but each time it improves for a few months and then it is back to the same ole stuff. He has double standards for himself verses our 2 girls (12 & 8) If i ask him to do something for me it usually gets put off until he forgets because whatever is on the TV is more important but if he asks them to do something he no more than gets it off his lips before he is getting on to them for not doing what he asked. Over the years he has lied to me many times about trivial things to the point that I don't know when he is telling the truth or not. He stays up very late watching television and doesn't come to bed until I am well into my sleep. (the only time this doesn't happen is when he has sex on his mind) He only does anything around the house is when I am already doing it and he can tell that I am mad at him so he reluctantly gets up and joins in. He is not a spiritual leader and does not support my convictions to tithe. He claims to be a Christian but there is not much that would show that to the world.

I am frusterated and disheartened by his lathargy towards my needs and what God would have him to do. I feel that Marraige is forever but I also know that I am only 35 and don't want to sepend my life nagging him to do things. A year ago I sat down with him and told him how I felt and that if things continued this way I was going to call it quits. Things looked up and may not be back to that point but are surly starting to regress. I swore that I would not have that discussion again. A week ago I broke down and had it again. But I don't know how much more I can take. When you you call it quits? I don't feel that he is doing things the way that God would have him to and I don't feel that he is teaching our girls what a husband should be to a wife. I am not happy, I love him but I don't like him. What do I do?

Comments (13)

Sponsored