Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
happy again

Posted by lizzie2 (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 15:13

DH went through prostate cancer and it was all removed. He is now more loving than ever. There are no more late nights, no more calls and so on. Thanks to new cellphones I cannot check like I once did but that does not bother me that much. I have also had a cancer scare but not as devasting. I keep hearing his words about his attorney not wanting to handle a divorce where there were children and that will be in 4 years. Am I wrong for still worrying? DH is more caring in fact he remodeled the kitchen into the room of my dreams. We worked on it for days and there was not one mean word.

The "other" lady is now a grandma. Her husband is still with her but her youngest daughter moved away and does not claim her mom. It seems like her marriage is back to normal also.

I just do not know if I should feel safe but even my girls decided that their dad is not seeing her. They also watch his actions and he can still treat them meanly. He still lectures people about not marrying people with disabling diseases and the things they will have to give up.

I am happy but when one of the girls need to travel to her city I hope she does not see them or them her. Am I wrong for still worrying?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: happy again

Lizzie, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Have you posted here before and are updating us? If so, could you link to your other post(s) so we/I can refresh our memories? Again, I apologize if you have posted here and think that we will remember automatically. My memory's not that good, I guess. But I'd be happy to give my opinion (for whatever it is worth, which is probably not much) on your question if I know more about your situation.

o

I've no idea either.

"Am I wrong for still worrying?" you've asked twice. How would anyone here have a clue from the little you've written?

o

"I just do not know if I should feel safe but even my girls decided that their dad is not seeing her. They also watch his actions and he can still treat them meanly. He still lectures people about not marrying people with disabling diseases and the things they will have to give up."

Lizzie, if your girls are still under the age of 18 and living at home, I would go to a lawyer ASAP and kick your husband out. Do not allow him to be mean to your daughters or to give them those ridiculous lectures. He sounds like a control freak!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here