SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupojoe_gw

What happened?

cupojoe
17 years ago

My fiance and I have been together for over six years. We have lived together for three. We just got engaged in December. Up until recently, we have had a great relationship. We enjoy all of the same things, golf, fishing, bike riding, wine tasting... We would do fun new things all of the time. But it seems as though he has changed since we were engaged. He has recently been going out with his friends a lot. This is something he used to do, but never as much as he does now. He is gone anywhere from two to four nights a week and at least one day on the weekends. Also, he seems to get mad at me at the drop of a hat. It seems that anything I say irritates him. I asked him a question about his work the other day, and he started yelling at me about how I shouldn't question his judgement. The question may have come out wrong, but he has never been so irrational. When I asked him why he is never home, he gets very defensive. He has told me that he goes over to his friends house because he is bored at home. I have tried to do things to keep him happy, but last I checked, I was not put on this earth to entertain him 24 hours a day. One of our biggest problems has been this one friend of his. I think the guy is a real jerk. My fiance has known him for years, but just started hanging out with him around the time we got engaged. His friend is married with six children, but drinks and smokes weed all day long. In the same house where his children are! He is very cocky, abrasive, and insulting, and I just don't like him. My fiance thinks he is one of the best people he has ever met. I have expressed my feelings about him towards my fiance, and he defends him. I feel like the man I am engaged to is not the same one that I have spent the last six years of my life with. We have not set a date for the wedding, and at this rate, I am not going to. I have asked him if he wants to end our relationship, or take a break. He always tells me no, and that he loves me. Is this cold feet, or did it take me six years to see his real side. Please help me. I love this man, and cannot see my life without him. However, I can't see me getting married to someone who does not want to be around me.

Comments (4)

Sponsored