SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbaron_gw

A very strange question...

tbaron
16 years ago

Hello everyone!

I have a strange situation that you all might be able to help. It's a question for my husband, actually. Here goes!

When my husband and I make love, we use condoms. I am on birth control but neither of us enjoy the mess or the extra risk, so we choose to use condoms as well. Well, it seems that he is allergic to the rubber! At first, (we've been married 11 months), he would just get itchy along the side of the head, but then it would be gone within a day. Trying to help it out, he switched to a larger sized condom. Now, however, with no change in the brand or size of condoms, his slight itch has begun to turn into sores. In fact, recently, he removed a condom with several drops of blood in it. The blood did NOT come from inside him, it was smeared all along his open sore, which does not only itch anymore, it hurts and stings like nothing else. So, thinking he just needed time to heal, we'd purposely wait a few days before making love again. But then, when we'd try again, his sores would come back in full force. And now, not only are the sores along the edge of the head, there is also one that is square in the middle of the penis. It's very small, but small enough to hurt very much. Another thing is this. His testicles become very dry and, even when we try to put moisturizing lotion on them, they become flaky like dandruff. Then, it clears up. These open, bleeding sores and flaky scrotum are becoming a real bother. It was something he could just ignore until it went away, but now it is really affecting him, enough to were his erection goes away because of the sting.

Could it be that he is just allergic to the latex condoms? Is there a cream of some sort we could try? Or should we just go see the doctor to get it sorted out? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored