SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acey_gw

Need Silver Anniversary Gift Idea for DH

acey
16 years ago

I need you all to help elicit some creative ideas for me!

Yes, it will be 25 years on May 15th (so not a lot of time left to shop!)

We have no children, good jobs, $$$ in the bank. Our hobby is scuba diving, but we can't take a vacation for a few months yet, so a "dive trip" present is out of the question.

I need something to give him on "The Day".

He already has every techno gadget known to modern man, and I would not know what more to get for him. I'm talking computers, cameras, telescope, treadmill, dive gear, etc.

He can't stand jewelry, just wears his plain wedding band, and I doubt he'd like a new one because the original is just fine, plus it is THE one. He'd never wear a neck chain, men's ring or bracelet, and has several watches, but prefers his plastic Casio anyway.

I could get him a bottle of a high quality single malt scotch, I suppose, and I know he likes Glenlivet, but every body buys him a bottle at Christmas anyway.

He has every book imaginable, and Amazon and Borders know him well. So many yet to read. He buys DVD's all the time, and we have a media room packed to the rafters.

He buys us concert tickets all the time, in fact, just took me to one for my birthday last week, so that too is not a creative idea.

I am not crafty, and work full time, so I can't sneak around and make something.

We are beyond the "want to take flying lessons" time of life. I could buy a boat, but even then, I'd need his input.

WHAT DO I GET THIS GUY that he can open on our silver anniversary???

I would spend up to about $500.00

All ideas welcome, thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored