SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
close_1972

blast from the past

close_1972
15 years ago

A little over a year ago, I ended all communication w/a friend/old fling (pre-marriage) of mine b/c it was interfering w/my marriage and, possibly(according to DH), turning into an emotional affair. DH and I have been in marital counseling for about a year and a half and are working through the issues. Counselor felt that me talking w/my old friend was an issue, but it was mainly a symptom of deeper issues. It was best for everyone if I stopped and I finally did. So...I found that the old friend sent me an email, possibly exactly one year from the last correspondence (or very close to that time), asking me how I was doing one year later.

The email went to an account that I rarely use, so I only found it yesterday morning. I have a lot of mixed feelings over it, and I feel frustrated. I was completely surprised he'd contact me again, a little tickled that he was wondering about me, a little upset that he won't stay out of my life, a little nostalgic and sad b/c I missed talking to him, confused because he said he wouldn't contact me again. What is going on and why did he contact me? Why do I keep thinking about this?

Comments (13)

Sponsored