SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icaris

losing control of wife and son, need help please!

icaris
17 years ago

I appreciate for all of those who read this and give me there input or advice. thank you.

so heres my situation this might be a bit long so please be patient:

my marriage hasn't been the greates, but i really believe that its hit its last leg. my wife now has turned my oldest son against me. my wife and i got into an argument the other day. all of a sudden my son got up in my face and told to me to "come on" "im not afraid of you" at first i was shocked. why he even would do such a thing. but my wife did nothing to stop him, she let him continue to be the AKA "tough guy" now i remeber growing up, if i did such a thing to my father my dad would have beat my butt. he has no respect for me anymore because my wife lets him get away with it. She said hes only protecting her, my question is from what? we were just arguing. so anyway she does nothing about his disrespect to me and to everyone, her solution to it all is telling him "thats enough". i love my kids, but im to the point i can't stand it anymore. my wife has become a verbal and physical abusive person, she does not do any disaplining to our children, lets them disrespect all adults, and lets our oldest son threaten me. i think its time to call it quits. she was letting him call me a loser, but the funny thing is im not, what kind of loser would support there family, what kind of a loser would pay for his kids to do sports, buy them equipment, give them money to go out, keep a rough over there head, buy them bikes and motor cycles, boy if thats a loser well i guess then i am one.lol.. i do more for my kids and family than alot of other parents out there. but yet my wife lets him disrespect me like that and call me a loser.

i've lost it. im to the point i no longer want to be around my wife or my son. they both have become out of control, and disrespectful. when my son starts arguing with my wife or calling her names, i stick up for her i let me know that he is not to treat his mother like that. but when ever it seems that its in my wife interest when we are arguing its ok for him (my son) to treat me the way he does, because she has him on her side. i believe reguardless of what is said between my wife and i, she still should not let him treat me the way he does. but thats not the case. she lets him get away with it. and i have had enough. i don't want to be around either of them anymore, and its sad for me to say that, but what else can i do, when im the only one fighting a one man battle? i tell him hes grounded she says he's not and lets him do what ever he wants. she knows he wrong for what he did, but she lets him go anyway just to dispise me. im at a dead end street with them. its the good cop bad cop thing, and she doesn't do anything about it. its like she almost likes when he treats me like that.

then the next day will come and he'll want me to help him with something or want to go ride the dirt bikes, and ill tell him no because of the way he treated me last night. and then it starts all over again. he'll fight with me, and she sits there and does nothing.

im tired of being the only one to disapline my son. i feel like im losing a pointless battle with them. its very sad that i can't stand to be around my son or wife anymore. when there is nothing left for me to do? someone out there has got to help me with this. im at my last straw with the two of them. i think its time for me leave. how do you disapline a child who's mother wont back you up on it? if im not mistaken maybe shes right maybe i am a loser, a loser for marrying her!

Comments (21)

Sponsored