SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texisgirl

Confused and just need a little advice please...

texisgirl
16 years ago

This is my first time here to this forum and would just like a little input on my situation.

Sorry so long but please read.

All I'm looking for here is just a little advice. I'm 23, married and have a 5 year old little girl.

I do not work right now, I am currently staying at home with my daughter while my husband works.

We have had a very rocky marriage and when we fight he's always telling me that I need to

figure out what I'm gonna do, cause I should find a place to go before our daughter starts

kindergarten in the fall because he doesn't want to be with me and he doesn't want for

her to start school here and then have to change schools later. Okay well I don't really know

where to go, I could go live at my Mom's house which is very tore up, the floors are very uneven,

it's very dirty and there are spiders. My Mom is not even staying there she is staying in her RV

in another town about 2 hours away for work and she'll be there for probably another 4 months

till the job is over and she gets laid off. She told me that the last time she was there, a few

weekends ago to pick up some of her stuff she saw a copperhead and wasn't able to kill it.

It was my father's house, he left it to my Mom when he pasted away. The house is close to 100

years old and is in very bad condition. The point I'm trying to make about it, is that I

don't want to have to resort to living there. I would worry my daughter getting bit be a spider

or a snake or something else like that. The other choice I have is I could stay with my

best friend that lives one hour away from where I am now (I should mention that my Mom's

house is two and half hours away in the opposite direction). She is married and stays at home

with her 4 boys. She has told me that I could stay with her until I get on my own two feet and that

way my daughter and her oldest son could start school together. Neither one of them has ever been to

school or any kind of daycare and they are best friends. But the problem with that is that I really

don't want to have to stay with her and feel like a burden. Although that seems to me to be

the best because then she could help me with my daughter. I would be paying her of course

even though she has told me not worry about that, just food for me and my daughter

but I would pay her anyways. If I moved to my Mom's I worry about finding a job that would fit

the schedule for my daughter going to school. I know that my Mom would help me when she is

there but she is always going out of town for weeks at a time, sometimes months for work.

I don't know how I could find a job that could pay my bills (since I don't have any kind of

schooling other than high school) and allow me time to leave to pick my daughter up from school

or what if I had to work weekends, I don't have anyone there to watch her really at all.

Where I live now with my husband, I have no family around just a few friends. Where my best friend

lives I also have no family and she is the only one I know there. I don't know if maybe I'm just being stupid,

I just feel like I don't know how to do it. I've never even been own my own, I married my husband

at 17 and we had our daughter about 5 months later. He would be paying child support of course.

He doesn't make a whole lot of money only about 2,000 a month after taxes and our insurance.

He is really mean to me a lot and I know that leaving is the best thing I just need a little advice

on how and what I should do with not a lot of people to help me out. I just want to be able to make is

on my own and not have to worry about where my daughter can go after school if I have to work and

who will pick her up. Please I don't want to be criticized for anything I just want an opinion.

Thank you Jennifer in Texas.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus