SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shard1834

Body image affecting sex life....help!!!

Shard1834
12 years ago

Have you ever looked at yourself and suddenly become aware of all your flaws? Like suddenly the mirror has turned against you and you�re looking at your slightly more unflattering twin? Surely that can�t be you! Where did those stretch marks come from? And oh great gods those can�t be�no wait�they are! Love handles! Damn you oh cursed mirror!

Well that�s me and a year ago I was a size six and now looking into that cursed mirror I�m a size twelve. Granted I wasn�t exactly my healthiest at that weight. Why? Well you see losing all that weight wasn�t exactly intentional and up until that point I had always been a size twelve (stupid number). I got that way because I was working graveyard. Oh and I�m talking 9pm to 5am in the morning. How I even got in a relationship. Got engaged and married is beyond me. Seriously, anyway by that time I had lost so much weight my family and fianc� (at that time anyway) were extremely concerned.

But what did I care? I was sexy! Confident! Who cared if I was over worked and over stressed and my DDs had turned into Cs? Well everybody�except me. Cut to a year later and I�m not only unemployed, healthy, and happily married but back to that dreaded size twelve. And while I had to unhappily let all of my skinny clothes go so did my confidence and libido. While my husband bless his heart loves my curves and my breasts I am now not only shy but embarrassed to be seen all natural in front of him. This is affecting our love life and I�m not sure how to change it.

It�s not that I don�t want to have "relations" but once we get into it I over think. Get shy and suddenly the mood is out the window. He�s very understanding but I can see this is affecting him too. In fact I�m afraid that I�m even avoiding some friends who only knew me when I was thin. I�ve always had a somewhat low self-esteem and my husband only knew me when I was thin. I�m afraid that I�ve let him down by becoming curvy again. Even though he says quote "Honey you were a bean poll, I didn�t like to see you like that. But now that your curves are back I find you sexier than ever."

Humph tell that to my evil mirror. I don�t know what to do. I�ve never had a healthy body image and now it�s affecting our love life. How can I fix this? I love my husband but I don�t feel comfortable in my own skin again. Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored