Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas on how to get hubby to spice it up...

Posted by mrsg77 (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 07 at 1:19

We've been married 9 years and I'm EXTREMELY sexual. Hubby works hard and goes to bed rather early (5-6pm) and is up between 11:30p and 1a.
I am having the most horrid time getting him to understand that Sex is getting boring for me. He doesn't even take his time any more and some time I don't even get "there".

I have tried to talk him into getting a "toy" but he's all "you don't need one of those, you'd get one that is bigger than me." .... to me he is not satisified with size but I've never complained.

any way. I know this is rather personal but I really need some suggestions on how to spice it up.. I'm tired of the same ol' same ol'.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas on how to get hubby to spice it up...

Oh boy.If he isnt satisfied with his size,he is going to be insecure about things. Someone else I know had the same issue with her husband.
Questions...
You guys have kids?

Why does he go to bed at 5 or 6pm and get up at 11pm?

Do these hours conflict with yours?

Every sex life goes through ups and downs.The key is,to find the reason it is doing so.Are you both getting enough sleep?
Are you working too much? Are you stressed about things? Need a break from kids? A change of scenery?
When this happens to me and my husband,we have very open communication,so we talk about it. We try to figure out together what is going on.

Then it's a baby-sitter for our child,a night on the town,and maybe a nice hotel room.
Other times it's something as simple as turning off the tv!
You'd be surprised how many missed chances come from the tv.

With your husband sounds like you need to make it clear it IS NOT HIS SIZE that is the problem,but that you need more time and a variety of ways.
It is actually quite common for women to not be able to "get there". Maybe if your husband is kind enough if you cant "get there" with intercourse he could help you in some other way???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here