SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squidmufn

Is my marriage over?

squidmufn
13 years ago

I have been married about 2 years and we are having major problems.

My husband is VERY needy. He blows up and gets extremely angry if I do not cuddle/hug/kiss him enough. I feel like I am walking on eggshells wondering if I have cuddled him enough.

Well, over a week ago I was talking to him about something and obviously I annoyed him and he said "Just go away". I was angry he said this and I indeed "went away" and went to the bed to lay down. Well, he gets VERY upset if I attempt to go to bed before him because he wants us to go to bed together and he wants me to cuddle him as he falls asleep. He saw me in the bed and BLEW UP and turned into a monster. He slammed all the doors and cussed me out. Then when he came out I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't talk to me. He said I am cold and insensitive and I don't give him the affection he needs. He said he was going to cheat on me and that he knows lots of women he could sleep with.

I tried to talk to him but had no luck and went to bed crying all night. He has now ignored me for 8 days straight. I tried to talk to him the day after the fight. I tried to hug him but he pushed me away and said "I don't care about you".

Two days ago I texted him and said this ignoring thing is immature and asked him if he wanted to stop ignoring each other. He said he'd only stop ignoring me if I agreed that I am at fault and that I need to take the marriage seriously and show him more affection. In the meantime, he has not been wearing his wedding ring and refuses to look or talk at me. How is this taking the marriage seriously?

Anyway, I am desperate. I know he will NEVER come talk to me first. He will ignore me for 2 or 3 months I am sure. What should I do? I am not as affectionate as he wants me to be but I think he is overly needy. Is this marriage over? HELP!

Comments (16)

Sponsored