SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
troubled1977

haunted by child that is not mine

troubled1977
11 years ago

I will try and make this as short as possible. 17 years ago when I met my wife, little to my knowledge she was already pregnant. we met in august, had sex for the first time in september sometime. in october she says she is pregnant. I was ecstatic. well in march the child was born. it didnt take long for me to realize that the math didnt quite add up. I refused to be around the child and raise him. her mother keep the child while we worked out our differences. long and short I wanted my name removed from the birth certificate and she and I agreed to give the child up for adoption. her mother was having no part of this. told us she would raise the boy and that there was no way to have my name removed from the birth certificate. now some 16 years later I am caught in the middle of wanting to tell the boy that the one he calls mom is not actually mom. the idea of him growing up in a web of lies and deciet seems harsh even though i personally cant stand the child due to my own resentment. my wife and her mom seem to disagree on what should take place. I have also been putting up with her mom constantly saying I want all 3 of my kiddos in one picture setting. I was very successful in dodging that until her YOUNGEST (her actual child) got married. then all 3 were in a pic together. I ran the a camera myself and intentionally shifted as to omit him from the pics. but she got one anyways and posted it on facebook. to me its like a slap in the face that she continually rubs the boy in my face as her child. I did some more research and found out that my name can be removed from the certificate of birth and I wanted my wife to have her mom and dad make that happen. she says I am just being hard to get along with. It makes me sick the thought of my name being tagged to a child that is not mine. My wife and I have 3 kids of our own now. she was upset with me because I chose all 3 names and budged not one inch on the decision making since when we named her other child we went with the name that I had always wanted my first son to be named. Am I out of line for the feeling that I have for this boy? we fight about it anytime it comes up. I just dont know what or how to handle this anymore. i feel like something needs to happen. I am going to tell the boy his whole life is based on a lie or my name is going to be removed the birth certificate. thats the only 2 options I can come up with to give. Please let me know what you think. am I just being an a$$ about the whole thing? sorry for the lengthy post. so much for trying to be short. i will appreciate any and all responses regardless of your view as it might help me understand my wifes stand point as well when it comes from an unbiased individual. thanks

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH