SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
domy_gw

Different affection behavior, what do to?

domy
18 years ago

Hi to all!

I'm new to this forums and I'm really glad I found such a good comunity; I have been reading some of the old posts and they are wonderful.

Anyway, I'm 27 and planning to marry my girlfriend (same age, divorced and with a 2.5yrs beautiful daughter) on Feb next year :)

What worries us a little bit is that we are somewhat different when it comes to showing affections, specially in the day to day.

I come from a very loving family; my parents divorced when I was 6 but both of them always show a LOT of affection. Gezz, I still sit on my parents' laps at the family meetings (and so do my half-brothers, and so does my half-sister with me... you get the point).

On the other side, she comes from a family that shows less affection (it's just how they show it, I know they love very much their daughters), so she's somewhat "colder", even thou she shows love in a thousand different ways.

Maybe it's because this will be my first marriage, while being her second; she has an experience that I still miss. I tell her that I see marriage as a veeery long dating, with plenty of love and tenderness every day; she tells me it isn't usually such a happy-fairy-tale, and that she's worried a little about my desire of constant affection versus her more independent/less affective behavior.

Anyway, we really want this marriage to work and this coming week have an appointment with a pre-marriage counselor, but I'd really like to receive any inputs you might have for us.

Oh yes, comunication is a top priority for us, it is a non-negotiable thing for us, so that's not a problem.

Thank you for your time

Best regards

Domy

Comments (13)

Sponsored