SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woman1971

My spouse says he needs to go out without me

woman1971
16 years ago

I am a new mom of a 1 year old little boy that is now my life. His father and I met 2 years ago and we have never really had the chance to go out before we got pregnant. Now that we have had the baby and roles have been switched, he works now and supports us and I am a stay at home mom. When we met, I was the main supporter for a while until I got pregnant.There were complications throughout the pregnancy and I was unable to go anywhere due to bedrest to try to save our unborn child. All throughout our relationship I have asked him numerous times to go out with me and he always says he doesn't feel like it. But he certainly feels like it when his (as he calls them) "boys" want him to go out. He will go out with them and have fun with them, but never seems to want to go out with me. With me, it is "I don't feel like drinking tonight","I don't feel like going out tonight", "We don't have the money", and on & on the excuses come out of his mouth. But he never seems to be lacking for energy, time, money, whatever for his "boys". We have fought and fought and FOUGHT over the same stupid sunject repeatedly and I am tired of it. I told him that the only time I have ever felt like I didn't want someone I was with to go out with me is when I was up to no good in the past. Or when I just didn't want to be around him because he was no fun when we went out. I am into having fun, am an attractive female, and just want to get out of the house to enjoy being with him so we can make fun, happy memories. He continues to tell me that all men do a boys night out thing, that I am over reacting and I should just get over it. I am at the end of my rope and am not sure what to say anymore or what to do. I would love some advice. Thanks.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz