SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcils

Is it ok to say no??

kcils
17 years ago

is it ok to say no, what i mean is, my wife wants me to travel out of town with her for her sisters b-day party, its a spur of the moment thing, i love my inlaws to death but just hanging around there house all day with my father-in-law while her and her mom shops is just not my idea of fun, we get along great, but he feels he has to babysit me and i don't like that. btw, its only 3 hours away and she make the drive quite frequently all the time. On one hand I feel obligated to go but only cause I don't want to cause turmoil, on the other hand it would be great to have the house to myself and just be able to relax, even though i'm quite sure she knows I don't want to go, she would still drag me along and I would probably have a bad atitude because I wouldn't want to be there, and I wouldn't want to rush her away because I know she misses her family and want them to spend as much time as she wants with them.

am I being selfish? or is it ok to say "babe i think i'm just going to chill here this weekend, give your sis my best and have fun"

i just don't want to cause a confrontation.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor