Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soul Mates

Posted by carla35 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 08 at 16:00

mrsmaddog's comment and that post on "the love of my life is getting married" got me thinking...

Here are some questions for you?

1. Do you believe in soul mates?

2. If so, have you met your soul mate?

3. Are you with your soul mate -- If not, do you ever think you will be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soul Mates

1. Yes...but both people have to listen to the whisper, not the shout of others/circumstances...
2. Yes...I knew it the first time we met...
3. Yes...but it took many years for him to listen to the whisper...
Even soul mates aren't perfect, so it still requires work!
JMO :-)

o

1. No - I do think there's more than one great match for everyone, and that nobody's absolutely perfect. to my way of thinking, "soul mate" implies a perfection I simply don't believe in.

2. N/A

3. I'm married to a wonderful man who is, without a doubt, the great love of my life. We make a strong team, with the 'whole being greater than the sum of the parts'.

o

1. No I am too reasonable to believe in souls, fate, and that type of thing.
2. N/A
3. DH is the love of my life. I love him, and I love being with him. I can't even begin to imagine my life without him- I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. He feels the same about me. I'm with sweeby that we are greater than the sum of our parts.

o

It wouldn't be the first time I've been called unreasonable...:-)

o

I believe we all have soulmates. And that we're probably already with them. We just haven't learned to love unconditionally. It's why marriage is work, but why we stayed married. That said, I've been through the wringer with guys. Guys who are exciting, but not connected to me. Guys who were close to me, but boring. Hubby is connected to me, AND lights my fire. Is that close enough to a soulmate?

o

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes :)

Soulmates are made, not born. A good marriage in my view is a beautiful and complex garden built over many years. It takes time and love and some degree of luck to create.

o

I don't believe in soul mates or fate. I believe the good/bad things that have happened to me are of my own making. Of course there are some things we can't control like health, but making good decisions is very important.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here