SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akwf77

Anger issues but not a bad guy?

akwf77
13 years ago

Does anyone else have a husband with anger issues who isn't directly mean to them.. but the anger still causes relationship problems?

My husband would never in a million years hit me or anything like that. He's not abusive. Everyone adores him.

But I feel like his anger has broken our marriage.

Things were great when we first met. But shortly after I moved in I started to see his temper. He would road rage to the point of driving his 4wd through the ditch to pass someone on the left, driving down the center of the road to keep someone else from passing, or throwing his truck in reverse to intimidate someone behind him. One time he got into it with a car full of drunk guys and one of them pulled a gun.

I tried to leave him but I couldn't stand how much he would cry and beg, plus I had given up everything to move in with him and I really had no where else to go. Things would get better for a while and I would regain hope for us.

Then he started having problems with his mother.. and his anger went off the wall. One day he got into it with a buddy over something stupid while we were all out 4 wheeling.. and my husband started yelling. I was grabbing his arm trying to calm him down when he turned around and screamed at me so bad everyone stopped and stared. I was embarrassed beyond belief so I got out of his truck and started walking. Then I heard glass breaking. I turned around in time to see his truck hit a tree. Turns out he got ticked, punched his mirrors out with his fists, and when he ran out of mirrors he punched out his windshield. Then drove the truck into a tree and repeatedly rammed it into the tree until I stopped him. Shortly after that he lost his cool at work and punched his personal truck, breaking his hand. They sent him to anger management, sort of. They told him to go see a counselor, but the guy was burnt out or something.. he was always half an hour late and my husband gave up going.

Breaking his hand seems to have been a turning point for him, and his anger hasn't been much of an issue since then.

Problem is, somewhere in all of that, I fell out of love with him and I haven't been able to get it back.

Now I don't know what to do. Is it possible to fall back in love with someone?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA