SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hope02_gw

Pls Help

Hope02
10 years ago

Hi
Am new to this blog and in desperate need of help. Am married for 7 yrs now and my husband constantly lies to me, among the other problems that we have. We both work full time and are studying. I work from home, 8 full hrs/per day. I do everything around the house, cleaning, cooking, planning meals, shopping, budgeting. My husband gets all his meals prepared and handed to him. In the evening, when he�s back, we�ll have dinner, he will only do the dishes, then will either sit with his mobile/TV or the laptop. We used to fight a lot because he never comes to bed with me. At around 10pm, if I am not in bed, he will remind me that I should be in bed. Sometimes he will talk to me before I go to sleep, at other times, I will be left alone. Sex is non-existent in our life. He will always find pretexts not to sleep with me, until last time we had a fight and he blurted out that he does not want to sleep with me. Last year, we found out he has fertility issues and we cannot conceive normally. I went through 2 unsuccessful Ivfs and in those difficult times, I never had his support. Each time, I broke down and cried, he literally told me to get over it. This whole ivf thing had a negative impact on my career. Because of the visits at the hospital and the medical leave, I have been lacking behind while he has moved ahead. Not that it bothers me. I am happy for him. On top of that, he lies to me, constantly. He has developed a habit of leaving the house on his off days, under the pretext that he has to go to the supermarket. On several occasions, while we had just been back from the supermarket, he will find some excuses about forgetting something and will go out again. Once I offered to accompany him and he was so angry with me that I came back home in tears. Last year, I woke up in the middle of the night to find that he�s not there. When I questioned him, he says he needs fresh air. We have a main door that makes noises when it opens. Last week I woke up at night, he was in the bathroom with his mobile, only to find my main door unlocked, with a paper stuck from the inside near the lock to block the door from opening. In this way, he could open the door and closes it as many times as he wants without disturbing me. When I asked him, why it was open, he blamed me, he said that when I went to dispose of the garbage, I left it open. (I never leave my door open, it�s a habit) When I challenged him with the paper near the lock, he gave me a whole bunch of lame excuses. I was very upset and hurt. On top of lying, he�s now blaming me to cover up, all the while telling me that he is not being unfaithful. I also found out he had been taking hours of leave off work, but he would be leaving the house the same time he goes to work and come back at the same time. It was the same thing for the ivf treatment. The doctor told him to stop smoking, but he lied about stopping. After the failed ivf attempts, I read online that acupuncture could help us; I did some research, and spoke to him. 2 months and several fights later, he finally called for an appointment. The doctor prescribed a gluten-free diet to help with the treatment. Now this is new for me. I spent countless hours on the internet and in a library to gather recipes for everything from cakes to dinner for him. I even went on the same diet with him, to encourage him. But for 2 whole months, He picked on my cooking so much, not realising the extra effort it took me to prepare everything. He eventually stopped his acupuncture treatment. When I remind him how being childless is painful, he replies by saying that it�s painful for him as well, yet at the same time, he is not being responsible in his treatment. To get my mind off the IVF thing, I went back to studying, but at the same time, with exams and assignment, I had a hard time assuming all household responsibilities. When I asked him to help around, he replies that he was not used to doing these things in his mother�s house and he�s not going to do it now. It�s true I am not perfect, I have a temper, but only when he pushes me to the limit and I tend to be a perfectionist in everything I do. Each time that I told him we need to work out our relationship, he pointed out that that I should change my manners and he finds it difficult to live with me. What more should I change in me? I am assuming all responsibilities around the house, studying at the same time and struggling with the fact that I will be motherless. I live a very simple life. I never go out. My life is divided between work, household, study and whatever time I have for myself, I sit at home and read. In all my married years, my husband has never cared to plan something special for the 2 of us, not even on my birthday. I don�t waste money. I spend wisely and save whereas he could blow up $200 easily and not care to save $25. Our fights have worsened now, mainly because he keeps blaming me for everything. And on several occasions, I told him that I regret marrying him and that I was better off with my ex-boyfriend. That made him angry, and he says I hurt him. Well for once, I was glad. He was standing in my shoes!!! I have thought about suicide a couple of times, but I love my parents a lot and I don�t want to hurt them. I am alone here; I don�t have anywhere to go. And I love my husband. I want to try everything before I come to the divorce decision Please please, can anyone give me some advice before I go crazy?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County