SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amc0468

Lonely Marriage

amc0468
10 years ago

Just joined and my 1st post. I am so desperate to have feedback on my situation. I have no one to talk to about it. I am in a 10yr marriage to my 2nd husband. Dating was awesome, lots of outings, lots of affection and sex. We were both older, I was 35 and he was 43. He had never been married and I was married for 11 years. I have 2 older children and we have one together. Our son was born in May, 2004. The past several years have been so lonely for me. His affection toward me dwindled year by year. We constantly argued about my two older children. We have different views on raising and discipline. Found out little over a year ago he had an "emotional affair" with someone in town. He said she broke it off, because she didn't want to be the other woman and he said it's over. I believe it is, however,he never seemed remorseful enough to me. Always, like I shouldn't be surprised that he did because of the shape of our marriage, which by the way, he blames me 100% for, he has said numerous times. I feel like I'm at a crossroads. I need him to "date" me and "be in love with me" but I don't think he can. He harbors so much anger and resentment for me. We are in marriage counseling, but he seems unwilling to do what the counselor says we need to do. My biggest question is this.....Am I WRONG to feel like he needs to be the one to initiate intimacy and affection because of his affair? I am the one with all this insecurity about how he truly feels about me now. He basically told this other woman he loved her and wanted to be with her and was always hers if she wanted him. I just want something from him to know he is sincere when he says he wants to work it out with me and not just saying that cause she broke it off with him. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated. Sorry it's so long.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting