SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20023316

Please help me.

User
13 years ago

I am married to a man who at times drives me crazy. I have health problems now and can no longer work outside the home. He has full control of all monies because he is the only one that works. His 3 sister think he is adorable.(He is the only boy) Although they all three have been married 3X and one has been married 5x. His mother actually gave a big hoopla reception on his baby sisters 5th marriage. O.k. that is enough of that. Sorry to get off the subject.

Anyway he NEVER contributed to the house payments, car payments. I had an inheritance that paid for a nice home. I paid off my car within a year when I was working. He has run around on me 3x in our marriage. I am older now and I try to forgive him of past mistakes, but when he tries the martyr thing I get furious. I think of all that I put up with through the years I was raising the kids. When I say I, I mean I. He would go to work, come home and do his own thing. Oh, when he did do something with the kids it was always fun time. Never helped them with homework, discipline, or bought a stitch of clothing for them. He likes toys, from tractors, horses, but he is the only one that benefits from them. I mean who needs 3 tractors on 4 acres of land?

He went to counseling one time and the counselor diagnosed him as being narrcisstic. He denies to this day that he is like that. But from what I have read about narrcisstics he is.

He enjoys being the martyr. He says, "Boy, this ___cola sure has the fizz." I say, "I have noticed that, but that is why I like it." He gets huffy and says,"I was JUST making a statement." Let me ask you what is that all about? Can I not say anything without him turning it on me??? I mean this is like it is all the time. I think he would like for me to keep my mouth shut and obey him. I am so miserable but I have had 3 heart attacks, and have rhuematoid arthritis. There is no way out for me anymore. All my monies are in his name also, and so is this house, savings, etc. I cannot work outside the home. Oh Lord, I have tried, but I cannot. Please what is your thoughts on what I am writing.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals