SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simply_shelia

Does your spouse work shift work ?

simply_shelia
21 years ago

My DH works shift work and when he works nights I never sleep.For instance I'mup and down all night,or I'll stay up till the wee hours then finally crash which isn't good cause I have to get up pretty early to care for my 2 young sons.It's not quite so bad when my DD whose 18 is home but she's been at her dads out of town the past 2 nights and I have been up really late.It didn't bother me quite as bad up until this past year because we lived right in the middle of town which is about 7,000 people and I felt pretty safe.We had good neighbors that looked out for each other and I was very close to the police station.

But since moving into the country I'm really uneasy at night.I don't know why really.My in-laws live right across the hwy from me and they are good people.I grew up living in the country and couldn't wait to get back to it.I guess maybe it's because I'm the protector when DH works nights and my dad was always home at night as a kid so I felt very safe.Am I just a big chicken?I hate feeling like this.And at this paticular time since they lost one employee they are splitting this guys shift so he's working alot.Daytime I don't mind but I hate the nights.Does anyone else have this problem?I feel rediculous. It's already 1am and here I sit.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio