Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Husband Can Be Such A Jerk Sometimes!

Posted by jenniferw (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 20, 09 at 22:29

Hi...I'm not a regular on this board but I've been a member of the Grieving Board for a number of years now. I'm having a problem with my husband of 3 years lately. We are BOTH stressed over money and life in general but he feels like he's the only one "allowed" to go out and vent. It's not that he's controlling or anything. I can go out whenever I want and "vent", however I choose to stay home and try to find solutions to our problems. I'm just so tired of his attitude. It seems like he thinks he's the only one going through this stressful time. I'm to the point where I want to claw his eyes out if he plays the "poor me" card ONE MORE TIME! Tonight we were supposed to have an intimate night. He went out for what was supposed to be a couple of hours but that turned into 4 hours. He now wonders WHY I'm upset. He says the night is still young. Well, not for me you drunk fool! WTF? I'm stressed and pissed and want to cry right now! Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Husband Can Be Such A Jerk Sometimes!

What do you mean by "go out and vent"?
Do you mean go bar hopping/drinking?

If he is abusing alcohol it needs to be addressed. If the problem is just that he prefers to go out without you then I would want to know why.
Do you ever go out together?

o

What are the boys doing for him that your not? Feeling like he belongs? Togetherness? Something in common?

Most guys would hurry home to have sex.....and yours doesn't...try to reflect on what's going on here.

o

Why don't you go out together?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here