SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcils

when is enough, enough???

kcils
17 years ago

Hello all, I am in dire need of some advice, i'm tired of being stressed, Ok here go's from the beginnging, I am 24 years old and my wife is 24 as well, we have been married almost a year now, we have been a "couple" since we were 17, but for almost 5 years we had a long distance relationship, as we chose different colleges that were 1000 miles apart, we maintained a long distance relationship over the entire time but we grew up apart and now we are completely different than when we we're 17, we were not faithfull to each other over the time apart, but we would never stray outside of our marriage. To make a long story short we just don't get along, it seems line everything leads to an argument and its just no "fun" being married, we are two totally different people and it really feels like we don't belong together, I have said many times that its like we are just holding on because of all the time that we have invested, but we are still young, we have both said things to each other that a married couple should not say, and we forgive, until the next argument, also, we now live in the city i went to school in because I had the best job, but she constantly throws it in my face that she sacrificed her family to be with me, i didn't put a gun to her head and she knew way before we got married, In my opinion we are both too young to deal with the kinds of stress that we deal with, I admit that maybe my idea of marriage was a little skewed, i knew that we would have our bumps but what we are is nothing i could have dreamed of in a million years, as of now we really don't have any ties, no children, no mortage, no credit cards together, etc.... I really don't believe that she is happy either, and I know that she misses her family and would be happy if she were back in the same city with them, as I always feel like i was happier before we were married, also we had never lived together before we were married, we did it the old fashion way, straight out of college to the altar. I am not happy and i don't think she is but yet we keep trying, only to argue more and more, I don't know what to do, I know that I was more happy before we were married and I honestly feel that we made a mistake, we always said that we at least had to try the married life no matter what, and that exactly what I feel that we have done/did and its not working, when is enough, enough? she is a good woman, and i am a good man, but we just don't seem to be good together, I feel like i'm being suffocated and she feels like i'm holding her back, just tired of being stressed, please help

I know that this is lenghty and thanks in advance to anyone who reads/and gives advice, its greatly appreciated.

K.

Comments (18)

Sponsored