SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brazjazz

married musicians aiming to keep marriage on top

brazjazz
18 years ago

Hi, any musicians out there or other sort of artists? We are both jazz musicians and both have full time professional work outside of music (medicine and teaching), so we are both pretty busy and intent on these things. At the same time, we've been married 15 years and aim to keep that going for life. At the same time, I am seeing an increasing difference between us in the wish to really share things intimately. As if there is a difference in the priority we each hold for our relationship in relation to everything else. We have both always been active, creative, involved in things. This seems more or less new, maybe a developmental change. We are in our 50's, nobody seems depressed, there's no substance abuse, no infidelity, no drastic change in our life, thank goodness. Our daughter's graduating college in a month and doing well. No obvious reason for what seems to be an increasing chasm between us. I've been trying to bring this to attention but to no avail. Patience is good, but in truth, I'd say this has been going on for several years, just steadily slowly increasing in the distance between us. With all the good things we have around us and all the great things we do, such good fortune, I hate to see this happening and just don't know what I might do to find a change. Yes, we've tried marriage counseling and yes I've probably read about 20 books or more on the subject of marriage and so on.

all ears !

braz

Comments (3)

Sponsored