SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graciebug_gw

Husbands Habits Making Me Miserable

graciebug
11 years ago

When I lived with my son prior to my marriage to my husband my house stayed clean. My son picked up after himself, and it was just clean all the time. After 5 years of marriage with my husband, I'm about to lose my mind. I am the type of person that feels everything needs a place, clothes go in a hamper, throw food wrappers away after you eat them, if you empty a box from pantry throw it away, etc....My husband continues to be basically a slob. He brings food to bed every night leaves his wrappers, plates, whatever all piled up. I picked up his clothes this morning he just threw in our bedroom floor, shorts thrown in the floor in the closet, shoes laying out in closet I about trip over, junk piled up on my jewelry cabinet, his end table is always a mess, got in my purse to pull out my check book, never bothered to put it back, just left laying out for me to get. I spend my entire weekend picking up after him and now my son has started being just like him. I have a 2 year old with health problems and I work full time. But I'm a teacher and I guess to some we don't work as hard as other people. I have an auto immune disorder and I hurt all the time and I am exhausted. Sometimes I would just like to walk away and not look back. This compounded with a busy body mother in law and his constant hateful attitude and laying around all weekend while I work, I just don't know if I can do it anymore. Doctors tell me to get more rest and less stress, its not going to happen married to him. I don't know what to do. I've never been a quitter, and I don't want my daughter dealing with things my son had to, but when is it ok to remember I existed as a person before him, I had hobbies, I was somebody. Now I am his maid and I don't know what else. Help me, I can't deal with it much more.

Comments (8)

Sponsored